I would like to thank the many people who assisted with corrections and suggestions. Their contributions have made this work far better than I could ever have done alone. Especially I would like to thank, in order of appearance:
- First of all Kenneth E. Harker <kharker at cs.utexas.edu>, from his page
Linux on Laptops I have included much material into this HOWTO, but didn't always quote him verbatim.
- The other HOWTO authors from the
LINUX DOCUMENTATION PROJECT - LDP.
- The members of the
- The members of the Linux-Laptop Mailing List.
- The members of the Debian-Laptop Mailing List.
- The visitors and contributors of my
- David Hinds, the maintainer of the
- Frank Schneider <SPATZ1 at T-ONLINE.DE>.
- Stefan Martig <martig at iamexwi.unibe.ch>.
- Michele Andreoli, maintainer of
- Klaus Franken <kfr at klaus.franken.de>.
- W. Wade, Hampton <whampton at staffnet.com>, did much of spell, grammar and style checking and added many valuable information.
- Anderson MacKay <mackay at rice.edu>,
RLUG - Rice University Linux User Group , gave many different detailed recommendations.
- Sean 'Shaleh' Perry, <shaleh at livenet.net>, Debian maintainer of
anacron and other packages, for Debian support.
- Bob Toxen <bob at cavu.com>.
- Peter Sprenger <spre at lugs.ch>.
- Felix Braun <fbraun at atdot.org>.
- Steve Rader <rader at wiscnet.net>.
Richard Worwood <richard at felch01.demon.co.uk>, for mirroring of the HOWTO.
- Marcel Ovidiu Vlad <marceluc at leland.Stanford.EDU>.
- Ludger Berse <lberse01 at cityweb.de>.
- Cedric Adjih <cedric.adjih at inria.fr>, wrote the chapter about the NeoMagic chipset.
- Peter Englmaier <ppe at pa.uky.edu>, provided the chapter about a sophisticated email setup.
- Michael Wiedmann <mw at miwie.in-berlin.de>,
PIA - X11 based PalmPilot Address Manager , found many spelling errors and more.
- Adam Spiers <adam at thelonious.new.ox.ac.uk>.
- Lionel, "trollhunter" Bouchpan-Lerust-Juery, <trollhunter at linuxfr.org>, for providing the
French translation and
information about wearables .
- Nathan Myers <ncm at linuxlaptops.com>, from
LL - LinuxLaptops for numerous additions.
- Ben Attias <hfspc002 at csun.edu>.
- Igor Pesando <ipesando at to.infn.it>.
- Geert Van der Plas <Geert.VanderPlas at esat.kuleuven.ac.be>, provided information about the touchpad driver included in the GPM.
- Chandran Shukla <chandran at xmission.com>.
- Harald Milz <hm at suse.de>, from
SuSE provided numerous additions.
Ingo Dietzel <ingo.dietzel at berlin.snafu.de>, for his patience with the project.
- Emerson, Tom # El Monte <TOMEMERSON at ms.globalpay.com>, for his idea about laptop bags.
- Thomas Traber <traber at inetmail.de>.
- Bill Gjestvang <datawolf at ibm.net>.
- Leandro Noferin <lnoferin at cybervalley.org>, for proofreading the italian parts.
- Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane at sources.org> for his suggestions about email with UUCP, the use of CVS or related tools to synchronize two machines, and the
noatime mount option.
- Peter Teuben <teuben at astro.umd.edu>, for some suggestions about hard disks.
Guido Germano <guido at germano.com>, for information about the Macintosh Powerbook 145B.
- Joel Eriksson <joel.eriksson at alfa.telenordia.se>, for information about Atari laptops.
- Gilles Lamiral <lamiral at mail.dotcom.fr> for providing the PLIP Install-HOWTO.
- Alessandro Grillo <Alessandro_Grillo at tivoli.com>, started the Italian translation.
- Gledson Evers <pulga_linux at bol.com.br>, started the Portuguese translation.
- Dan Kegel <dank at alumni.caltech.edu>, pointed me to the Toshiba Linux page.
Jaime Robles <ea4abw at amsat.org>, gave me some information about the HAM-HOWTO.
LuftHans <LuftHans at asu.edu>, announced this HOWTO to the maintainer of the Hardware-HOWTO.
Jari Malinen <jtm at mart2.cs.hut.fi>, for support with HUT Mobile IP.
- John Beimler <john at radiomind.com>, provided the URL of
- Steven G. Johnson <stevenj at MIT.EDU>, provided the information about Apple/Macintosh m86k machines.
- Ulrich Oelmann <ulrich.oelmann at tu-clausthal.de>, gave valuable additions about the installation with
- Lucio Pileggi <lucio at ing.unipi.it>, provided information about the Siemens S25 cellular phone.
- Eric <dago at tkg.att.ne.jp> wrote how to transfer pictures from a digital camera.
- Sorry, but probably I have forgotten to mention everybody who helped.
Hosting by: Hurra Communications Ltd.
Generated: 2007-01-26 17:58:32